As of May 2007, the Sport and Social Club plays by official USA Ultimate rules with 4 exceptions: Click here to see these exceptions
Game Time/Default: Please arrive 15 minutes early to set up fields and start your games on time. A default will occur if any team cannot field a squad within 15 minutes of the official start time. A team can play with a minimum of 4 people, as long as two (2) of the players are women and two (2) of the players are men. Captains may agree to waive the rules regarding minimum people but this should be decided before the game starts. IF IT IS AGREED THAT THE GAME COUNTS, IT COUNTS!
- Games are completed either when one team reaches 19 points or if 1.5 hours of play is completed. A 5 minute half time occurs when one team reaches 9 points or after 40 minutes of play. If regulation time has expired, (or if 40 minutes have elapsed in the first half) the teams should play out the point, with this point counting towards the final score. Games can end in a tie during the regular season. For games at time-sensitive venues (Lamport, De La Salle, etc...), when the whistle/horn is blown, the game ends right at that moment (point is not played out).
- Please agree on one person to act as timekeeper.
- Teams may call a one (1) minute time-out per half if needed (but not during the last 5 minutes of each half).
- Captains may agree to waive the rules regarding minimum people but this should be decided before the game starts. IF IT IS AGREED THAT THE GAME COUNTS, IT COUNTS!
- The gender requirement guideline states that 2 males & 2 females must be on the field at any given time with the 5th player being either a male or female. You DO NOT have to match the gender breakdown of your opponents. (ie. If your opponents are lining up with 2 guys & 3 girls, you do not have to match it)
- PLAYOFFS: When regulation time has expired, the current point should be played out until a point is scored. If this point results in the score being tied, one more point is to be played in order to break the tie. PLAYOFF GAMES CANNOT END IN A TIE!!!
- Note: The "Half-Rule" will NO LONGER BE USED FOR Sport and Social Club GAMES (i.e. you CAN score from a pass thrown before the halfway line). Effective May 1, 2004.
- The live end zone rule is used and the brick mark is 10 yards off of the goal line.
- Zone defense is allowed in this program.
Spirit points are awarded on a scale from 0-5. When reporting scores, the captain must indicate the number of spirit points they would like to award to the other team. If a captain fails to report the score, the other team will automatically receive a rating of 5. Spirit points account for 25% of the overall standings and the game results will account for 75%. (Please note that if you are trying to calculate your overall score, you cannot simply take 25% of your raw spirit point score - you must first divide your total spirit point score by 2.5 in order to be dealing with the same base number as your game points). Teams that play by the rules, get to games on time and play with good sportsmanship will flourish!